No Victory Day Parade This Year: Home Affairs Adviser

No Victory Day

No Victory Day Parade This Year: Home Affairs Adviser

There will be no parade at the National Parade Ground on the great No Victory Day, Home Affairs Advisor Lieutenant General (Retd.) Jahangir Alam Chowdhury has said.

The Home Affairs Advisor told reporters after a meeting on Victory Day security in the meeting room of the Home Ministry at the Secretariat on Wednesday. He said that there will be no parade at the district and upazila levels either.

After the interim government took office last year, there was no parade on Victory Day. Instead, Victory Fairs were organized across the country.

No Victory Day Parade This Year: Home Affairs Adviser

Regarding preparations for Victory Day, the Home Affairs Advisor said that everyone will celebrate Victory Day. There is no fear of unrest on Victory Day. As was the case before, there will be programs this time too; rather, there will be more programs than before. However, there will be no parade program this time either.

Responding to a question about whether unrest has increased in the country after the announcement of Sheikh Hasina’s death sentence, the Advisor said that there has been no unrest after the announcement of the verdict.

Related posts

Leave a Comment